I began making a player movement script, shoot script and I made an enemy script that follows the player. After that I began making the power-ups and the weapon pick-ups. After this was done, I began coding our leaderboard script, since that was the point of the game, getting the highest score. It took me a whole day, but I eventually managed to make a working script by scratch. The other developer in my team made 2 scripts, so it was mainly me who made all the things work. I was glad to see all the artists also gave their 100% for this game, and in my opinion, it turned out great!
We had 50 scripts in total, I made 48 of those. The other developer was not really doing anything and I did not want to dissapoint our artists, who were in fact working very hard on the art.
At first, we had planned to use a control list everytime you start a game, but I actually had a better idea to make it more interesting for the player. I coded a whole tutorial to teach the player all the mechanics and controls.
I made a initials script, where you put your name in for the high score. Instead of using an array with a lot of letters, I used a char which uses an ASCII table. In the script, the chars get transferred to a string.
As I said, developing was not the only thing I did. I also designed the music and sound effects and made some enemy sprites, and made the raygun.
In total I made 3 soundtracks, a menu tune, all the sound effects like shooting, getting hit, selecting an option, picking up candy, using power-ups, etc.